Blues won't give up on Modric

BY foxsports • August 25, 2011

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp on Wednesday revealed that chairman Levy had contacted the Blues to reiterate there was no chance of them signing the Croatian playmaker, urging them to "put an end" to one of the longest transfer sagas of the summer. But Chelsea boss Villas-Boas would not be drawn on whether Levy's intervention was enough to deter him from making further bids for the 25-year-old before the transfer window closes next week. He said: "I just have to speak to the owner (Roman Abramovich) when this kind of thing happens. "When there's an offer, there's a counter-offer and then you reach an agreement." He added: "Modric's name is already out too much in the press. Let's leave it. "He's Harry Redknapp's player. He's not my player, unfortunately." Whether it is Modric or someone else, Villas-Boas will continue his search for midfield reinforcements right up to the August 31 deadline. He said on Thursday: "It gets pretty frenetic in the last week of the market, and the reality is that, even yesterday, one of the biggest deals in the Premier League was done with (Samir) Nasri leaving Arsenal for Man City."


share story