Barca ready to postpone Cesc chase

BY foxsports • July 16, 2010

Sandro Rosell admits Barcelona may not be able to prise Cesc Fabregas away from Arsenal this summer - but insists they will sign him one day.

"Arsenal feels very hurt by Barca," said Rosell to Catalan TV3.

"They don't want to listen to offers or sell and they are not putting the player (Fabregas) on the market.

"There was a strong dispute a few months ago and they have not forgotten it."

Barca had a reported 29million euro bid for the Spain international turned down by the London-based outfit earlier this summer.

Continued reports in Spain that Fabregas will play for Barca next season have hindered relations between the two clubs but Rosell remains confident the 23-year-old midfielder will wear Barca's colours in the near future.

"He (Fabregas) will arrive, even if it is not now, it will be next year," said Rosell. "We will see.

"One thing that is certain is that we will not go mad trying to sign him.

"No shareholder would pay 60 or 70million euros for him.

"We will not go all out for him.

"We would only pay his value in the transfer market."

Fabregas is under contract with Arsenal until June 2015.

Fabregas himself is determined to steer clear of the speculation for as long as possible, but he has admitted that he still harbours an ambition to play for Barca sooner rather than later.

"I have not spoken to anybody in the last few days and I want to ignore anything regarding my future for now," he said.

"I want to enjoy my holidays and I don't want to talk about Barcelona at this moment.

"I make no apologies for the comments I have made in the past. I have expressed my interest in returning and I stand by that, as that is my personal wish."


share story