Ballon d'Or winner Messi rules out Premier League move
Lionel Messi has ruled out a move to the Premier League and insists he intends to finish his career at Barcelona.
The 28-year-old Argentina international picked up his fifth Ballon d'Or award in Zurich on Monday, maintaining his supremacy over rival Cristiano Ronaldo.
Newspapers in both Spain and England have previously reported that he could potentially leave the Catalan club, with the likes of Manchester City and Chelsea linked with the forward.
And Sky Sports' Spanish football expert Guillem Balague said last year that City were trying to convince him to join them.
But Messi said: "I've always said that I can't leave Barcelona. It's always my response. I want to finish my career at home and my home is Barcelona.
"Football changes so much. A year ago, we were all getting criticized and we ended up winning nearly everything. My intention is to terminate my career where it started, in Barcelona.
"I want to keep succeeding with the club. Now is not the time to think about whether this is my peak. It's more important that we keep trying to win, that we work hard. It's a lot to think about."