Angry Schalke tell Juventus to end interest in winger Draxler

BY foxsports • July 31, 2015

Schalke have told Juventus that Julian Draxler is "not for sale" and "not to contact them again" after rejecting another bid for the player.

The Germany midfielder, 21, has been a long-term target for Arsenal but it was Italian giants Juventus who made the first move for the Schalke playmaker, who has been tipped as a replacement for Arturo Vidal, who joined Bayern Munich earlier this week for £26million ($40million).

Despite only making six appearances in the Bundesliga in an injury-ravaged campaign last season, Draxler is still one of the most highly-rated young players in world football.

After being priced out of moves for Mario Gotze and Real Madrid's Isco, Massimo Allegri has earmarked Draxler as the perfect player to slot into the trequartista role for the Bianconeri.

But after Juventus lodged their first official bid, Schalke's sporting director Horst Heldt has revealed a second approach from the Italian club has also been rejected.

Speaking to Schalke TV, a frustrated Heldt said: "We've received an offer from Juventus today, but have rejected it and request the club do not contact us again, Draxler is not for sale."



share story