Agent: Skrtel set to snub Inter Milan, 'likely' to sign new Liverpool deal

BY foxsports • June 18, 2015

Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel has turned down a move to Inter Milan and will agree a new contract, according to his agent.

Skrtel, 30, last month said he had turned down a new deal at Anfield after describing the offer as "unacceptable".

The central defender, who has one year left on his existing deal, was upset at Liverpool's offer which as believed to be a pay-as-you-play-based contract.

"It's unacceptable for me," Skrtel told Slovakian website Akualne in May.

"I think that contracts like this are offered to players who are much older than me or the player who had some health problems."

But there now appears to be have been a change of heart or change in the contract offer as Skrtel's agent Karol Csonto has been quoted as saying the Slovakia defender is staying.

"The interest from Inter was real," Csonto told the Daily Express. "But then the deal did not go ahead, there was contact made.

"The player had been thinking about his future and eventually opted to remain at Liverpool.

"As this time I can say that it is likely [he will sign a new contract]."


share story