The 20 athlete social media accounts we're most thankful for
With this being Thanksgiving week, The Buzzer would like to give thanks for 20 Athlete Social Media Accounts that always keep us entertained.
This is not a ranking or a list of the best athletes to follow.
We just want to show you why we enjoy these 20 athletes and offer our thanks to them for keeping us amused on a daily basis.
So, without further ado, in alphabetical order, we'd like to thank:
1. BRETT ANDERSON: MLB pitcher regularly tweets funny observations about sports, pop culture and life.
Tim Duncan looks like he's trying to sleep with his eyes open. pic.twitter.com/t19YwEJazn— Brett Anderson (@BAnderson_30) November 7, 2014
2. PAUL BISSONNETTE: You never know what you'll get from the hockey player, which is what makes his feed great.
Went with the Martini Glass. pic.twitter.com/Om5SnQDWzp— Paul Bissonnette (@BizNasty2point0) August 8, 2014
3. TOM BRADY: The Patriots quarterback has become a master at posting funny Facebook photos.
4. KOBE BRYANT: The Lakers superstar pulls no punches.
Players are "encouraged" per new CBA to take less to win or risk being called selfish+ungrateful while nbatv deal goes UP by a BILLION #biz— Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) October 7, 2014
5. DARNELL DOCKETT: We couldn't publish his best tweets, which are usually filled with NSFW words, but the Cardinals defensive lineman has no filter.
6. SEAN DOOLITTLE: The A's pitcher has a knack for dry humor.
7. JOEL EMBIID: The Sixers rookie is thirsty, which makes him amusing.
When she hits you with a nude and a video you weren't expecting considering she said she would never send one pic.twitter.com/DDXoTJV5oR— Joel-Hans Embiid (@JoelEmbiid) August 19, 2014
MVP rankings in a couple years pic.twitter.com/t7iIACs9f6— Joel-Hans Embiid (@JoelEmbiid) August 19, 2014
8. ARIAN FOSTER: Like Kobe Bryant, the Texans running back isn't afraid to tackle any issue.
9. LEBRON JAMES: The Cavs superstar is a huge sports fan and constantly heaps praise on other athletes.
10. DWAYNE "THE ROCK" JOHNSON: The WWE Hall of Famer usually shares pictures of his bulging muscles, but he also drops humorous photos on a regular basis.
11. JASON KIPNIS: Indians second baseman tweets about sports a lot, but also has a great sense of humor.
12. CHRIS LONG: The Rams defensive lineman has opinions on all sports and also tweets about tons of GIFs, photos and videos.
Walking dead %powerrankings pic.twitter.com/b3Ak1PwbEN— Christopher Long (@JOEL9ONE) November 4, 2014
13. ROBERTO LUONGO: The Panther goalie mocks himself while mixing in hysterical one-liners.
Let me tell ya.... Wasn't easy holding that stick there with all that oil on...... pic.twitter.com/eV0gHgXLOQ— Strombone (@strombone1) November 13, 2014
Funny cuz #MadBum is the same name I use when I get the squirts......— Strombone (@strombone1) October 30, 2014
Great to be back on the ice doing what I love again...... pic.twitter.com/1do7XtwgZY— Strombone (@strombone1) September 19, 2014
14. JOHNNY MANZIEL: His Instagram page is a must-follow, and we probably don't need to explain why.
15. EVAN MATHIS: The Eagles offensive lineman has poked fun at his own knee injury, posted a fake receipt that caused a stir with the media and has a thing for Katy Perry.
16. BRANDON MCCARTHY: If you make any kind of sports Twitter list, the law states that you have to have this humorous right-handed pitcher on it.
17. HUNTER PENCE: Yes, Pence's Twitter account is pretty much what you'd expect based on his personality.
18. YASIEL PUIG: If you look at Puig's Instagram page, you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who enjoys life more than the Dodgers outfielder.
19. DEVON STILL: Obviously, we hate that Still's daughter has a rare type of cancer, but we love the positive news and updates shared by the Bengals defensive lineman.
20. RYAN WHITNEY: Great observations about sports, life and pop culture.
Cold, hard butter at a restaurant...be worse. https://t.co/dediyrmBx5— Ryan Whitney (@ryanwhitney6) November 18, 2014