Ohio State game notes - OSU 35, PSU 24
OHIO STATE POSTGAME NOTES
· Ohio State moves into sole possession of the Big Ten lead in the Leaders Division at 5-0.
· Head coach Urban Meyer improved to 9-0 in his first season as OSU head coach. The only two other first-year Ohio State coaches have started a season at least 9-0: Carol Widdoes went 9-0 in 1944 and eventually won his first 12 games before his first loss; and Earle Bruce opened 11-0 in 1979.
· The win was the 10th consecutive for Meyer, the fifth double-digit win streak of Meyer’s career.
· Braxton Miller became the third different Big Ten QB and the first OSU QB to rush for 1,000 yards in a season. IU’s Antwaan Randle El & UMs Denard Robinson (2x) are the other two.
· Both of Braxton Miller’s 1-yard touchdown runs in the third quarter were his 11th and 12th of the season, respectively, moving him into a tie for second place on the Ohio State single-season rushing touchdown list by a quarterback with Cornelius Greene who rushed for 12 in 1973.
· Miller (134 yards) rushed for 100+ yards for the sixth time this season and the ninth time in his career.
· Ohio State’s defense held Penn State to 36 rushing yards and 23 points. Penn State’s offense came into the game averaging 28.6 points per game.
· Ryan Shazier recorded his first ‘Pick 6’ of his career, a 17-yard INT return on PSU’s first drive of the third quarter.