Fantasy Fox: Top 30 tight ends for Week 12 (standard scoring)
Here are my top 30 tight ends for Week 12, citing standard-scoring leagues only.
This countdown doesn't lean on a particular stat. It's merely an educated best guess of which tight ends will tally the best combination of total yards and touchdowns for the NFL's 12th weekend.
Regardless of how these rankings shake out every week, it shouldn't supersede two important factors that go into regular lineup consideration:
1. Always play your healthy superstars.
2. Always ride your gut instinct over a certain guru's analysis (read: plausible deniability).
BYES: Carolina, Pittsburgh
TOP 30 TIGHT ENDS
1. Rob Gronkowski vs. Detroit
2. Jimmy Graham vs. Baltimore
3. Antonio Gates vs. St. Louis
4. Charles Clay @ Denver
5. Julius Thomas vs. Miami
6. Martellus Bennett vs. Tampa Bay
7. Coby Fleener vs. Jacksonville
8. Jared Cook @ San Diego
9. Travis Kelce @ Oakland
10. Scott Chandler vs. N.Y. Jets
11. Kyle Rudolph vs. Green Bay
12. Larry Donnell vs. Dallas
13. Zach Ertz vs. Tennessee
14. Jason Witten @ N.Y. Giants
15. Delanie Walker @ Philadelphia
16. Mychal Rivera vs. Kansas City
17. Owen Daniels @ New Orleans
18. Jace Amaro @ Buffalo
19. Marcedes Lewis @ Indianapolis
20. Tim Wright vs. Detroit
21. Austin Seferian-Jenkins @ Chicago
22. John Carlson @ Seattle
23. Jordan Reed @ San Francisco
24. Garrett Graham vs. Cincinnati
25. Brent Celek vs. Tennessee
26. Luke Willson vs. Arizona
27. Jermaine Gresham @ Houston
28. Niles Paul @ San Francisco
29. Vernon Davis vs. Washington
30. Eric Ebron @ New England
30b. Andrew Quarless @ Minnesota
30c. Levine Toilolo vs. Cleveland
Jay Clemons, the 2008 Fantasy Football Writer of the Year (Fantasy Sports Writers Association), can be reached via Twitter, day or night, at @ATL_JayClemons.