Bruins' Savard awaits word on concussion
Boston Bruins center Marc Savard, sidelined with post-concussion symptoms, may soon resume full-contact workouts.
Savard is scheduled for extensive tests Tuesday with a specialist in Pittsburgh that could clear him to participate in all on-ice drills. He practiced with his teammates for the second time Monday.
Savard, who sustained a concussion on March 7 when he was hit from behind by Pittsburgh's Matt Cooke, was sidelined until a second-round playoff series against Philadelphia. He missed all of training camp before this season because of post-concussion symptoms.
Also, Bruins left wing Marco Sturm, sidelined by a right knee injury, has resumed practicing with the team. He was hurt in the opener of last season's Eastern Conference semifinal series against the Flyers.
Savard, one of the Bruins' top playmakers with 25 goals and 63 assists two seasons ago, is confident the test result will be positive.
''Feeling like myself, again,'' Savard said Monday. ''There's still work to put in. It's still going to be a bit away from, obviously, playing games.''
Savard had 10 goals and 23 assists last season when he was limited to 41 games.
Sturm, coming off a 22-goal season, doesn't have an exact timetable for his return, but thought it could in three or four weeks.
''I'm excited to get it to the next step, practicing with the team,'' Sturm said. ''I'll go from there. I'm feeling pretty good lately and I know every week so far it's better and better.''