Moss comments cast doubt on new contract with Pats
Randy Moss says he wants to stay with the New England Patriots after this season, but his postgame comments Sunday made it very clear he thinks he’ll be in another uniform in 2011.
“I’ve been here for three years and this is my fourth season (with the Patriots)," Moss said shortly after the Patriots' 38-24 win over the Cincinnati Bengals. "When it comes to football, I take my business seriously. I think there are some people … I don’t want to say the organization, but I think around here in the New England area, there are some people who don’t want to see me do good."
The wide receiver said there have been no talks toward a new contract to replace the one that expires after this season, but he said that won't affect how hard he plays this year.
“Anything I say will probably be blown out of proportion,” Moss said.
“Earlier in the week, I was asked a question about being unhappy, and being unhappy doesn’t have anything to do with toning my game down.
“I’m here and I understand my role is to take the ball deep and take the top off the defense.”
Last Monday, Moss said in an interview with CBSSports.com that he didn't feel he was wanted. On Sunday, he said he didn't feel appreciated. He then said he wasn't saying he's not appreciated, but wants to feel sometimes that he is appreciated.
Moss also said he didn't want his comments to take away from the victory.
— The Associated Press contributed to this report.