The Daily Buzz: Friday, June 21
The Miami Heat are your 2012-13 NBA champions after LeBron James bucked his critics and led his team to a Game 7 win over the San Antonio Spurs. But the second title of the Heat's Big 3 era wasn’t the only news in the sports world Thursday.
As for the rest of the news, here’s some of what you may have missed:
• In real NBA news, Kate Upton went clubbing with Blake Griffin.
• James Dolan's band will be on tour with the Eagles this summer.
• Drake was denied access to the Heat locker room after last night’s championship win, while reporters were allowed in, restoring my faith in humanity:
• One man's search for Kirk Gibson's 1988 World Series home run ball.
• Cheating fisherman gets seven days in jail, loses license.
• Keyshawn Johnson will be an assistant coach at Mission Viejo High in California.
• Bill Simmons exhibits true professionalism in not cold-cocking this drunk Heat fan:
• A Kentucky basketball fan got married in a Wildcats jersey.
• Another day, another chapter in Johnny Manziel's soap opera.
• Redfoo loses US Open tennis qualifier in borrowed shoes:
• Custody of Jovan Belcher's daughter was awarded to a cousin.
• Here is Oklahoma City Thunder guard Jeremy Lamb as a kid, modeling jeans in a Wal-Mart catalog:
• Bernard Pollard won't back off his 'kill' comment.
• One-armed man hits a hole in one on the golf course.
• Next year, more NBA teams will be wearing the short-sleeved jerseys the Warriors debuted this season.
• Twins ballboy makes the catch of the year:
• Former doubles star Bob Hewitt to face charges that he sexually abused young girls he used to coach.
• Wisconsin hoopster Ben Brust will be a spotter for a race car this weekend.
• Kevin Love makes light of Chris Andersen’s previous drug suspension after the Heat secured a title:
• Army, Navy to meet in arena football.
• Hall of Famer Joe DeLamielleure to walk from Buffalo to Canton for a great cause
• Abby Wambach breaks Mia Hamm's scoring record
• Relive the late James Gandolfini reciting Lou Gehrig's famous retirement speech: