Report: NBA stars talking world tour

BY foxsports • October 18, 2011

Some of the biggest names in the NBA -- including Kobe Bryant, Amar'e Stoudemire and Kevin Durant -- are finalizing plans for a whirlwind world tour while the league lockout drags on, Yahoo! Sports reported Wednesday, citing sources.

LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul and Blake Griffin are also strong possibilities to take part.

The 10-day, four-continent tour is reportedly set to start in San Juan, Puerto Rico, on Oct. 30, before stops at London's O2 Arena on Nov. 1 and 3; Macau, China on Nov. 5; and Melbourne, Australia on Nov. 8 and 9.

The plan has come about as a way for the players to earn money, while also expanding their brand and playing the game. The top players could earn "north of $1 million" for the trip, the sources said.

NBA commissioner David Stern last week canceled the first two weeks of the season, which was scheduled to begin Nov. 1, and most players and agents were waiting to see if any progress was made during this week's labor talks with a federal mediator in New York.

After two marathon days of meetings, however, the owners and players are yet to reach an agreement on a new collective bargaining agreement, so the trip's organizers are set to proceed with the trip, the report said.
 



share story