Jordan killing off case list reportedly mishandled

BY foxsports • September 9, 2010

The killing of Michael Jordan's father is no longer on a list of some 200 cases independent reviewers describe as mishandled by North Carolina's State Bureau of Investigation.

Former FBI assistant director Chris Swecker said Thursday the case was taken off the list after a second look at documents. James Jordan was shot as he slept in a car beside a North Carolina highway in 1993.

Swecker's review concluded last month that the bureau failed to disclose details about inconclusive blood tests in the investigation. But Swecker said Thursday he missed language in which the bureau did refer to those results.

Attorneys for a man convicted of the murder had argued the physical evidence was weak and say state handling of the evidence could still be significant.



share story