Indy expects empty seats for Brickyard

BY foxsports • May 17, 2011

The Indianapolis Motor Speedway president and CEO says ticket sales for this year's Brickyard 400 are ''soft'' and it's likely there will be more empty seats this year than last year.

Jeff Belskus spoke to The Associated Press on Tuesday. Belskus believes declining interest has been spurred, in part, by the economy. But he says the 2008 tire fiasco also hurt sales.

The event had the lowest attendance in its 17-year history in 2010. However, Belskus says the Brickyard will be back on the NASCAR schedule next year.


in this topic

share story