Travis d'Arnaud productive for Mets in first game off disabled list

BY foxsports • June 11, 2015

After missing nearly two months of action with a broken pinkie, New York Mets catcher Travis d'Arnaud returned as though he'd never left.

The 26-year-old went 1-for-4 on Wednesday in his first game since breaking his pinkie on April 19, scoring two runs and slapping a double that led to a two-out run in the eighth inning.

Even more importantly for the Mets, D'Arnaud reported feeling fine after the game and was content with his performance.

"I feel good," he said. "I just try to keep the same approach that I've had since I came up from Vegas last year: See the ball, hit the ball. … I feel like I had a few quality at-bats. I hit a few balls hard, so I was very happy about that."

Manager Terry Collins is even happier than d'Arnaud that he's back, as Mets catchers posted an abysmal .182 batting average while he was on the DL.

Prior to breaking his pinkie, d'Arnaud was hitting .317 with a .356 on-base percentage.

"It's a big boost for us," Collins said. "Obviously, if we can get him to where he's comfortable swinging the bat, then he can help us."

(h/t MLB.com)

Photo credit: Anthony Gruppuso-USA TODAY Sports



share story