FOX Sports Southwest wins Cynopsis Sports Media Award for Texas Football Days
IRVING – FOX Sports Southwest received national recognition for Texas Football Days, as the network earned a Cynopsis Media Award in the Marketing Initiative category.
The Cynopsis Sports Media Awards is a national competition that recognizes the best in show both in front of and behind the cameras for the sports industry, celebrating the work of the most talented producers, hosts, sponsors and executives, saluting the initiatives that drove audiences and turned sports viewers into fans.
In Texas Football Days, FOX Sports Southwest, in conjunction with the University Interscholastic League (UIL), created a week-long, multi-platform campaign to celebrate the tradition of football in Texas. The new programming and promotional initiative showcased the first-ever live Texas high school football broadcasts and harnessed the synergy of the FOX family of networks to establish a first-of-its-kind signature event in the region. Throughout the live doubleheader broadcast, the network highlighted 15 unique features from around the state, focusing on high school football and the impact on their communities.
“We are proud to take home this award for Texas Football Days, as it is a direct result of the hard work and dedication of our talented team,” said FOX Sports Southwest Senior Vice President/General Manager Steve Simpson. “We are grateful to the Cynopsis Media group for this honor and congratulate all of the nominees.”
“Texas Football Days was very exciting for the UIL and our member schools,” said Dr. Charles Breithaupt, UIL Executive Director. “FOX Sports Southwest did a wonderful job showcasing the best high school football in the country during this unique television event, and we are thrilled to see this good work recognized by the Cynopsis Sports Media Awards.”
Texas Football Days was honored as a finalist in two Cynopsis Sports Media Awards categories: Marketing Initiative and Marketing Campaign (Regional/Local), while the network’s coverage of the UIL Football State Championship Game between Highland Park and Manvel was a finalist in the Live Coverage of Sporting Event category. See list below for finalists and winners in each of the aforementioned categories.
- Texas Football Days – FOX Sports Southwest (WINNER)
- Big Ten Network’s Fannequin – Big Ten Network
- Game Recognize Game – Whistle Sports
- Ritual – Whalerock Industries
- Scouting Camp: Next Olympic Hopeful – United States Olympic Committee
Marketing Campaign (Regional/Local)
- Texas Football Days – FOX Sports Southwest
- Season of Firsts 2018 – FOX Sports South (WINNER)
- Pilot Flying J and the SEC – Pilot Flying J
- State Farm Local – Optimum Sports
- Yankees Announcers Yoga Campaign – YES Network
Live Coverage of Sporting Event (Regional/Local)
- UIL Texas Football Championship: Highland Park upsets Manvel
- Basketball Day in Indiana – FOX Sports Midwest (WINNER)
- Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (07/07/2017) – FOX Sports South
- Golden State Warriors Championship Parade – NBC Sports Bay Area