Charlie Strong announces his Texas coaching staff
Charlie Strong won’t do it alone. The new Texas coach officially announced his coaching staff on Wednesday.
Vance Bedford, who worked with Strong at Louisville, will join Strong’s staff at Texas as defensive coordinator.
Former Oklahoma State offensive line coach Joe Wickline will serve as offensive coordinator and offensive line coach. Wickline will serve as playcaller. Strong’s coordinator at Louisville, Shawn Watson, will be an assistant head coach for offense and coach quarterbacks.
Chris Rumph will coach defensive line and be an assistant head coach for defense after serving in the same position at Alabama from 2011-13.
Here’s the rest of Strong’s staff (previous job in parentheses)
– Bruce Chambers: tight ends (same job, Texas)
– Brian Jean Mary: linebackers, recruiting coordinator (same job, Louisville)
– Les Koenning: Wide receivers (offensive coordinator, Mississippi State)
– Tommie Robinson: Running backs (RB coach, passing game coordinator; USC)
– Chris Vaughn: defensive backs, special teams coordinator (cornerbacks, Memphis)
– Patt Moorer: Strength and conditioning (same job, Louisville)
Strong was hired from Louisville on Jan. 5, and his staff will boast 232 years of coaching experience.