Here are my top 30 tight ends for Week 7, citing standard-scoring leagues only.
This countdown doesn’t lean on a particular stat. It’s merely an educated best guess of which tight ends will tally the best combination of total yards and touchdowns for the NFL’s seventh weekend.
Regardless of how these rankings shake out every week, it shouldn’t supersede two important factors that go into regular lineup consideration:
1. Always play your healthy superstars.
2. Always ride your gut instinct over a certain guru’s analysis (read: plausible deniability).
BYES: Tampa Bay, Philadelphia
TOP 30 TIGHT ENDS
1. Julius Thomas vs. San Francisco
2. Rob Gronkowski vs. N.Y. Jets
3. Greg Olsen @ Green Bay
4. Delanie Walker @ Washington
5. Jordan Cameron @ Jacksonville
6. Martellus Bennett vs. Miami
7. Jordan Reed vs. Tennessee
8. Antonio Gates vs. Kansas City
9. Larry Donnell @ Dallas
10. Vernon Davis @ Denver
11. Jason Witten vs. N.Y. Giants
12. Jared Cook vs. Seattle
13. Jace Amaro @ New England
14. Travis Kelce @ San Diego
15. Dwayne Allen vs. Cincinnati
16. Heath Miller vs. Houston
17. Eric Ebron vs. New Orleans
18. Owen Daniels vs. Atlanta
19. Andrew Quarless vs. Carolina
21. Scott Chandler vs. Minnesota
22. Tim Wright vs. N.Y. Jets
23. Mychal Rivera vs. Arizona
24. Garrett Graham @ Pittsburgh
25. Charles Clay @ Chicago
26. John Carlson @ Oakland
27. Josh Hill @ Detroit
28. Jermaine Gresham @ Indianapolis
29. Clay Harbor vs. Cleveland
30. Coby Fleener vs. Cincinnati
30b. Ladarius Green vs. Kansas City
30c. Levine Toilolo @ Baltimore
30d. Luke Willson @ St. Louis
30e. Anthony Fasano @ San Diego
Jay Clemons, the 2008 Fantasy Football Writer of the Year (Fantasy Sports Writers Association), can be reached via Twitter, day or night, at @FOX_JayClemons.