Fantasy Fox: Top 30 tight ends for Week 3 (standard scoring)
Here are my top 30 tight ends for Week 3, citing standard-scoring leagues only.
This countdown doesn’t lean on a particular stat. It’s merely an educated best guess of which tight ends will tally the best combination of total yards and touchdowns for the NFL’s third weekend.
Regardless of how these rankings shake out every week, it shouldn’t supersede two important factors that go into regular lineup consideration:
1. Always play your healthy superstars.
2. Always ride your gut instinct over a certain guru’s analysis (read: plausible deniability).
TOP 30 TIGHT ENDS
1. Jimmy Graham vs. Minnesota
2. Julius Thomas @ Seattle
3. Zach Ertz vs. Washington
4. Rob Gronkowski vs. Oakland
5. Greg Olsen vs. Pittsburgh
6. Kyle Rudolph @ New Orleans
7. Antonio Gates @ Buffalo
8. Niles Paul @ Philadelphia
9. Dennis Pitta @ Cleveland
10. Vernon Davis @ Arizona
11. Larry Donnell vs. Houston
12. Jared Cook vs. Dallas
13. Jason Witten @ St. Louis
14. Delanie Walker @ Cincinnati
15. Travis Kelce @ Miami
16. Martellus Bennett @ N.Y. Jets
17. Zach Miller vs. Denver
18. Coby Fleener @ Jacksonville
19. Charles Clay vs. Kansas City
20. Heath Miller @ Carolina
21. Dwayne Allen @ Jacksonville
22. Eric Ebron vs. Green Bay
23. Garrett Graham @ N.Y. Giants
24. Ladarius Green @ Buffalo
25. Jace Amaro vs. Chicago
26. Brandon Myers @ Atlanta
27. Mychal Rivera @ New England
28. Jermaine Gresham vs. Tennessee
29. Levine Toilolo vs. Tampa Bay
30. Andrew Quarless @ Detroit
30b. John Carlson vs. San Francisco
30c. Anthony Fasano @ Miami
Jay Clemons, the 2008 Fantasy Football Writer of the Year (Fantasy Sports Writers Association), can be reached via Twitter, day or night, at @FOX_JayClemons.