Fantasy Fox: Top 30 tight ends for Week 13 (standard scoring)
Here are my top 30 tight ends for Week 13, citing standard-scoring leagues only.
This countdown doesn’t lean on a particular stat. It’s merely an educated best guess of which tight ends will tally the best combination of total yards and touchdowns for the NFL’s 13th weekend.
Regardless of how these rankings shake out every week, it shouldn’t supersede two important factors that go into regular lineup consideration:
1. Always play your healthy superstars.
2. Always ride your gut instinct over a certain guru’s analysis (read: plausible deniability).
NOTE: I am not expecting Denver’s Julius Thomas (ankle injury) to play this week.
TOP 30 TIGHT ENDS
1. Rob Gronkowski @ Green Bay
2. Jimmy Graham @ Pittsburgh
3. Greg Olsen @ Minnesota
4. Martellus Bennett @ Detroit
5. Travis Kelce vs. Denver
6. Coby Fleener vs. Washington
7. Antonio Gates @ Baltimore
8. Charles Clay @ N.Y. Jets
9. Tim Wright @ Green Bay
10. Delanie Walker @ Houston
11. Jared Cook vs. Oakland
12. Kyle Rudolph vs. Carolina
13. Scott Chandler vs. Cleveland
14. Jason Witten vs. Philadelphia
15. Larry Donnell @ Jacksonville
16. Zach Ertz @ Dallas
17. Heath Miller vs. New Orleans
18. Owen Daniels vs. San Diego
19. Mychal Rivera @ St. Louis
20. Vernon Davis vs. Seattle
21. Niles Paul @ Indianapolis
22. Garrett Graham vs. Tennessee
23. Austin Seferian-Jenkins vs. Cincinnati
24. Jace Amaro vs. Miami
25. Eric Ebron vs. Chicago
26. Marcedes Lewis vs. N.Y. Giants
27. John Carlson @ Atlanta
28. Andrew Quarless vs. New England
29. Ladarius Green @ Baltimore
30. Luke Willson @ San Francisco
30b. Jermaine Gresham @ Tampa Bay
30c. Anthony Fasano vs. Denver
30d. Levine Toilolo vs. Arizona
Jay Clemons, the 2008 Fantasy Football Writer of the Year (Fantasy Sports Writers Association), can be reached via Twitter, day or night, at @ATL_JayClemons.