Fantasy Fox: Top 30 PPR tight ends for Week 3
Here are my top 30 tight ends for Week 3, citing Points Per Reception leagues only.
This countdown doesn’t lean on a particular stat. It’s merely an educated best guess of which tight ends will tally the best combination of receptions, total yards, touchdowns and targets for the NFL’s third weekend.
Regardless of how these rankings shake out every week, it shouldn’t supersede two important factors that go into regular lineup consideration:
1. Always play your healthy superstars.
2. Always ride your gut instinct over a certain guru’s analysis (read: plausible deniability).
TOP 30 PPR TIGHT ENDS
1. Jimmy Graham vs. Minnesota
2. Julius Thomas @ Seattle
3. Zach Ertz vs. Washington
4. Rob Gronkowski vs. Oakland
5. Antonio Gates @ Buffalo
6. Dennis Pitta @ Cleveland
7. Niles Paul @ Philadelphia
8. Greg Olsen vs. Pittsburgh
9. Kyle Rudolph @ New Orleans
10. Jason Witten @ St. Louis
11. Delanie Walker @ Cincinnati
12. Vernon Davis @ Arizona
13. Jared Cook vs. Dallas
14. Travis Kelce @ Miami
15. Larry Donnell vs. Houston
16. Martellus Bennett @ N.Y. Jets
17. Zach Miller vs. Denver
18. Coby Fleener @ Jacksonville
19. Charles Clay vs. Kansas City
20. Heath Miller @ Carolina
21. Jace Amaro vs. Chicago
22. Brandon Myers @ Atlanta
23. Dwayne Allen @ Jacksonville
24. Eric Ebron vs. Green Bay
25. Garrett Graham @ N.Y. Giants
26. Jermaine Gresham vs. Tennessee
27. Levine Toilolo vs. Tampa Bay
28. Ladarius Green @ Buffalo
29. Mychal Rivera @ New England
30. Andrew Quarless @ Detroit
30b. John Carlson vs. San Francisco
30c. Anthony Fasano @ Miami
Jay Clemons, the 2008 Fantasy Football Writer of the Year (Fantasy Sports Writers Association), can be reached via Twitter, day or night, at @FOX_JayClemons.