Quarterbacks Peyton Manning (left -- @ Seattle), Aaron Rodgers (middle -- @ Detroit) and Drew Brees (right -- vs. Minnesota) are all viable candidates for 290 total yards and/or three TDs in Week 3.
Here are my Week 3 QB rankings for standard-scoring leagues that reward four points per touchdown pass:
This countdown doesn’t lean on a particular stat. It’s merely an educated early guess of which signal-callers, 1 through 32, will have the best combination of total yards (passing/rushing) and total touchdowns for the NFL’s third weekend.
Regardless of how these rankings shake out every week, it shouldn’t supersede two important factors that go into regular lineup consideration:
1. Always play your healthy superstars.
2. Always ride your gut instinct over a certain guru’s analysis (read: plausible deniability).
Top 32 Quarterbacks
1. Drew Brees vs. Minnesota
2. Matthew Stafford vs. Green Bay
3. Aaron Rodgers @ Detroit
4. Andrew Luck @ Jacksonville
5. Philip Rivers @ Buffalo
6. Tom Brady vs. Oakland
7. Nick Foles vs. Washington
8. Matt Ryan vs. Tampa Bay
9. Peyton Manning @ Seattle
10. Kirk Cousins @ Philadelphia
11. Russell Wilson vs. Denver
12. Jay Cutler @ N.Y. Jets
13. Tony Romo @ St. Louis
14. Cam Newton vs. Pittsburgh
15. Andy Dalton vs. Tennessee
16. Josh McCown @ Atlanta
17. Colin Kaepernick @ Arizona
18. Ryan Tannehill vs. Kansas City
19. Ben Roethlisberger @ Carolina
20. Chad Henne vs. Indianapolis
21. Jake Locker @ Cincinnati
22. EJ Manuel vs. San Diego
23. Joe Flacco @ Cleveland
24. Ryan Fitzpatrick @ N.Y. Giants
25. Drew Stanton vs. San Francisco
26. Matt Cassel @ New Orleans
27. Eli Manning vs. Houston
28. Geno Smith vs. Chicago
29. Brian Hoyer vs. Baltimore
30. Austin Davis vs. Dallas
31. Alex Smith @ Miami
32. Derek Carr @ New England
Jay Clemons, the 2008 Fantasy Football Writer of the Year (Fantasy Sports Writers Association), can be reached via Twitter, day or night, at @FOX_JayClemons.