FOX Sports South will debut DRIVEN — Danny Manning: Demon Deacon Revival, presented by Toyota on Thursday, December 3, at 10:30 p.m. ET.
DRIVEN — Danny Manning chronicles Wake Forest men’s basketball coach Danny Manning’s journey to Wake Forest and his ambition to revive a Demon Deacons team that has not made the NCAA tournament since 2010. In addition to an extensive interview with Manning, DRIVEN features exclusive dialogue from former coaches and peers, including:
• Larry Brown, current SMU men’s basketball coach and Manning’s former coach at Kansas and with the Los Angeles Clippers. Brown is enshrined in the Basketball Hall of Fame.
• Mike Krzyzewski, legendary five-time NCAA Division I champion head coach of the Duke Blue Devils. Krzyzewski is enshrined in the Basketball Hall of Fame.
• Ron Wellman, 23-year veteran athletic director at Wake Forest.
• Roy Williams, former Kansas head coach and current North Carolina head coach, where he has won two NCAA Division I championships. Williams is enshrined in the Basketball Hall of Fame.
Growing up a few miles from Wake Forest, Manning had a storied four-year college- playing career at Kansas after his father was hired as an assistant coach for the Jayhawks. After winning the 1988 NCAA Division I championship, Manning was drafted first overall by the Los Angeles Clippers, and he enjoyed a successful 15-year NBA career before retiring.
After nine years on the men’s basketball coaching staff at Kansas, Manning was hired as the head coach at Tulsa, where he thrived quickly leading to his current head coaching position at Wake Forest. DRIVEN will explore Manning’s desire to rebuild the Demon Deacons to a perennial national power.
"For me, this is where it all started," said Manning. "I spent most of my childhood years here, playing on my first teams and falling in love with the game of basketball right here in this state [North Carolina] just a few miles up the road. To be able to come back here, it’s full circle for me."
"Danny is everything you want in a coach, in a parent, and in a father," said Brown. "He’s an unbelievable role model, and I think that’s what college coaching should be about."
DRIVEN — Danny Manning: Demon Deacon Revival
Debut • Thursday, December 3, 10:30 p.m. ET FOX Sports South Re-airs
• Saturday, December 5, 10 p.m. ET FOX Sports South
• Tuesday, December 8, 7 p.m. ET FOX Sports South
• Wednesday, December 9, 11 p.m. ET FOX Sports South
• Monday, December 14, 10 p.m. ET FOX Sports South
• Tuesday, December 22, 6:30 p.m. & 11 p.m. ET FOX Sports South
• Thursday, December 24, 10 p.m. ET FOX Sports South
• Saturday, December 26, 8:30 a.m. ET FOX Sports South
• Sunday, December 27, 6 p.m. ET FOX Sports South *Subject to territorial restrictions
Manning and his Wake Forest squad will appear on FOX Sports South six times during the 2015-16 season:
• Tuesday, December 22, 7 p.m. ET, Xavier @ Wake Forest
• Wednesday, January 13, 9 p.m. ET, Wake Forest @ Virginia Tech
• Saturday, February 6, 12 p.m. ET, Florida State @ Wake Forest
• Wednesday, February 10, 7 p.m. ET, Wake Forest @ Georgia Tech
• Saturday, February 13, 12 p.m. ET, Wake Forest @ NC State
• Wednesday, February 24, 9 p.m. ET, Notre Dame @ Wake Forest
Debuting on FOX Sports South in 2012, DRIVEN is an award-winning original series featuring stories of dedication, focus and success both on and off the field of play. DRIVEN will conclude later this month with an episode centered on Memphis Grizzlies point guard Mike Conley. Previous episodes this year have included DRIVEN: The Human Highlight Film, DRIVEN — Michael Waltrip Racing: Life in the Pits, DRIVEN — Matt Crafton: Born to Race, DRIVEN — John Smoltz: A Hall of Fame Career, DRIVEN — Georgia Tech’s 1990 Championship Season and DRIVEN — Ron Francis: A Hockey Legend.
About FOX Sports SouthThe FOX Sports regional networks serving the Southeast — FOX Sports South, FOX Sports Carolinas, FOX Sports Tennessee and FOX Sports Southeast — collectively reach more than 13 million households across seven states. They are the television home of the Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Dream, Atlanta Hawks, Carolina Hurricanes, Charlotte Hornets, Memphis Grizzlies, Nashville Predators, Cincinnati Reds, Indiana Pacers, New Orleans Pelicans, St. Louis Cardinals, UEFA Champions League and Bundesliga, as well as the Atlantic Coast Conference, Big 12 Conference, Big East Conference, and Conference USA. Combined, the networks televise nearly 1,400 live events each year. For more information, please visit FOXSportsSouth.com, FOXSportsTennessee.com, and FOXSportsCarolinas.com.