The Manchester City striker suffered his injury while playing during Argentina's World Cup qualifier against Ecuador last week.
Dean Mouhtaropoulos/Getty Images
Manchester City forward Sergio Aguero has been ruled out of action for four weeks.
The Argentine striker, who has scored six goals this season, suffered a hamstring injury while playing for Argentina against Ecuador in a World Cup qualifier last week. Speaking at his prematch news conference ahead of Saturday’s home game against Bournemouth, City boss Manuel Pellegrini said: "Sergio has a muscle injury, an important injury. I don’t think he will be back before one month."
Pellegrini must also do without David Silva after the forward was forced off the park after just 10 minutes of Spain’s Euro 2016 qualifier against Luxembourg with an ankle injury. The City boss has hit out at Belgium after captain Vincent Kompany featured in their final Euro 2016 qualifier this week.
Article continues below ...
Kompany was called up for international duty despite missing City’s last five games with a calf injury. Pellegrini had insisted that his influential skipper would not be fit for either of the games against Andorra or Israel but Belgium coach Marc Wilmots fielded him in the latter.
The 29-year-old came through 58 minutes of action unscathed but Pellegrini was not happy, even though he accepts Wilmots acted within his rights.
Pellegrini said: "I was not pleased because we sent Vincent with some medical report that he was not able to play but, as the manager of Belgium said, he can do what he wants in the international break. He can use the players and he wanted to use him.
"But for me, when you don’t send a player to the national squad and you cannot use him for your club, I think the other sense must be the same. If a player didn’t play the last three games for his club he cannot play for the national squad. But these are the rules. I think someday clubs will protest about that."
Pellegrini insisted this had not led to a problem between him and Kompany, but would not confirm whether the defender would return to his starting line-up for Saturday’s Barclays Premier League clash against Bournemouth.
He said: "There is not a problem with him. I think it was important for Vincent to work a complete week before he played and he couldn’t do it because he played for Belgium. He had to recover here Wednesday and Thursday. We will have to see in the future when he can return to his position. Tomorrow we will see the starting XI."