Robinho open to Eastlands return
Brazil forward Robinho has not ruled out returning to Manchester City after the World Cup this summer.
Robinho, who spent the second half of last season on loan at Santos after failing to force his way into the plans of City manager Roberto Mancini, has been heavily linked with a permanent move away from Eastlands this summer.
However, quoted in the Daily Star Sunday, Robinho said: "I honestly don’t know what will happen at City. We will just see what happens over the summer but I haven’t ruled out a return.
"First things first. The only thing on my mind now is helping the Brazilian team to win the World Cup.
"But I thought Manchester City were a good choice for me. I understood the reactions when I joined them. People thought I was going for the money but if it was then I would have gone to Dubai or an Arabic country.
"But I wanted to play in the Premier League and I was happy to join a club with big ambitions.
"They have the money and ambition to make it into the top four in England. And, believe me, next season City will. Maybe I’ll be there to help them.
"When I moved to City a lot of Brazilians did not really know much about the club and they thought it was a step down.
"But I’m now thinking that people think it was the right decision for me."
Robinho is keeping his options open, however.
Earlier this week the player’s agent hinted he would relish a move to Spanish champions Barcelona, and the player himself appears open to a return to former club Real Madrid.
"I was not satisfied with the way they (Madrid) treated me in the end," the 26-year-old said. "I was very disappointed in how they talked about me like I was some kind of merchandise or currency.
"It would take some convincing to get me to return but I don’t have any problems with the people running Real Madrid now."