‘Productive’ meeting at Hearts

Alexis Sanchez insists that he is more than happy at Barcelona

after being linked with a move away from the club.

Sanchez joined Barcelona in the summer of 2011, when he rejected

overtures from a host of clubs including Manchester City.

The 24-year-old has started just 11 league games so far this

season, which has led to the speculation linking him with Arsenal,

Juventus and Inter Milan.

“I’m very happy at Barcelona,” the former Udinese player stated.

“I feel important for my club and for my country.

“I know what type of player I am, I know that I am a great

player, I know that I can win games. I remain one of the best in

the world even if I don’t score.

“I am not a player who will score three or five goals per

game.

“I give passes, and also score sometimes. I am not really a

penalty box goalscorer, but I know I am still one of the best

players in the world.”

First-choice goalkeeper Reina has missed the Reds’ last two

games with a calf problem while veteran defender Carragher was

ruled out of the defeat at Southampton earlier this month with a

shin injury.

Reina has since been on the bench for Spain’s internationals

against Finland last week and France on Tuesday.

First-team coach Mike Marsh told the club’s website: “They’re

both available for selection, so it’s a possibility.”

Liverpool have reported no fresh injury concerns following the

latest round of international fixtures.

Marsh said: “We seem to have come through unscathed.

“We’ve got one or two players missing who are flying back from

international duty.

“They will arrive back tomorrow, they will still be in recovery

and hopefully they will train on Friday.”

The Edinburgh outfit have endured a number of financial problems

this season.

The club staved off a winding-up order in December after

supporters raised more than ?1million to help pay off tax

debts.

A ?450,000 bill was paid off while Hearts agreed to settle a

separate demand by paying ?1.5million over three years.

Seven Hearts supporters groups – Federation of Hearts

Supporters’ Clubs, Foundation of Hearts, Heart of Midlothian

Shareholders Association, Hearts Supporters Trust, Hearts Youth

Development Committee, Save our Hearts, and 1874 Fighting Fund –

have joined forces to push ahead with a proposal for a fans

takeover.

A spokesman for the groups said: “Last night a productive

meeting was held at Tynecastle.

“The group will continue to engage in a constructive manner with

further meetings planned.

“The group is committed to a unilateral proposal which engages

all supporters in the future ownership and governance of Heart of

Midlothian Football Club.”