Fulham are on the brink of losing another of their star players in Moussa Dembele.
Article continues below ...
A club spokesperson has confirmed a fee has been agreed with Tottenham, who have also been given permission to hold talks with the Belgian midfielder.
With outcast Clint Dempsey seemingly on his way out of Craven Cottage, the loss of Dembele is another blow to manager Martin Jol, whose side crashed out of the Capital One Cup with a 1-0 defeat at Championship club Sheffield Wednesday.
With a reported £33million to spend after the sale this week of Luka Modric to Real Madrid, Dembele is seen as the ideal replacement for the Croatian by Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas.
The Belgium international enjoyed an excellent campaign in 2011-12 and his agent earlier in August claimed Spanish champions Real had made an approach.
Jol insists that was not the case and has had stern words with Dembele’s representative, Jan de Visser, regarding the issue.
Ahead of Fulham’s Premier League opener against Norwich City at Craven Cottage, the Fulham boss said: "I spoke to his agent and I said to him it’s not the cleverest thing to do, to speak about players.
"There was no offer on the table (from Madrid) and hopefully the situation will stay as it is. Hopefully Dembele will stay here."