Motherwell finally win at home

Motherwell recorded their first home victory since the beginning

of September as they defeated Ross County 3-2 at Fir Park.

Rocco Quinn unleashed a sensational 30-yard strike to give the

visitors the lead after 17 minutes, however their advantage was

short-lived as Michael Higdon headed home Chris Humphrey’s

pin-point delivery eight minutes later.

Nicky Law capitalised on some slack possession to fire the hosts

ahead in the opening minute of the second half, but this time

County responded positively and Quinn hammered home at the second

time of asking to level.

Both sides showed a determination to grab a winner and Keith

Lasley clinched the game for Motherwell when he flashed an effort

beyond Mark Brown with eight minutes remaining.

County created the first chance of the match and Quinn was

unfortunate to see his chipped effort from outside of the box land

on top of Lee Hollis’ goal.

Motherwell responded at the other end, however, with Humphrey

failing to find the target after a neat pass from Higdon, before

Quinn opened the scoring after 17 minutes when he burst forward

before unleashing an unstoppable shot beyond Hollis from 30


Stuart McCall’s side responded in a positive fashion and Brown

made a brave stop at the feet of Henrik Ojamaa before the hosts

grabbed a deserved equaliser.

Humphrey’s pinpoint delivery found Higdon and Motherwell’s

top-scorer nodded the ball beyond Brown.

Mihael Kovacevic was replaced by Grant Munro at half-time,

however it was Motherwell who made the dream start to the second

half when Law raced through on goal and calmly slotted the ball

into the net.

Ross Tokely tested Hollis with a powerful header and Colin

McMenamin failed to capitalise on a free header inside the area

following a good delivery from Richard Brittain.

Motherwell continued to press forward and Brown made an

excellent stop to keep out Hateley’s free-kick after 57


The Staggies fans did not have to wait much longer for an

equaliser though as Quinn fired against Adam Cummins before his

deflected effort rebound left Hollis flat-footed.

Both sides were demonstrating a desire to secure all three

points and Lasley rocketed home with eight minutes remaining to put

the Fir Park side on course for victory.