Monaco fight back to grab home point against Rennes

Rennes' Abdoulaye Doucoure (2ndL) is congratulated after scoring his side's lone goal vs. Monaco on Sunday afternoon.  



Monaco came from behind to salvage a 1-1 draw against Rennes in the French league on Sunday, failing again to secure a first home win this season.

Wallace headed in his first league goal to level in the 51st minute after Abdoulaye Doucoure put the visitors ahead from Ludovic Baal’s precise cross.

Rennes had the chance to reclaim the lead when Fabinho fouled Doucoure in the box in the 64th minute but Monaco goalkeeper Danijel Subasic produced a superb save to his right to deny Pedro Henrique’s effort from the penalty spot.

The visitors withstood Monaco’s late pressure as keeper Abdoulaye Diallo made a last-minute save to deny Guido Carrillo’s effort.

Rennes was dealt a blow when striker Paul-Georges Ntep came off with a suspected left thigh injury 20 minutes from time.

Lorient 3, Bordeaux 2

Lorient returned to winning ways after coming from behind to beat struggling Bordeaux 3-2 after both sides finished the game with 10 men.

A run of three successive wins came to an end last week for the hosts with a shock defeat at struggling Montpellier and that looked like continuing when Diego Rolan converted Wahbi Khazri’s delivery just before the break.

Sylvain Ripoll’s men hit back straight from the restart, though, when Benjamin Moukandjo headed the hosts level on 47 minutes before Majeed Waris completed the turnaround, converting from the penalty spot.

Zargo Toure headed home to rub salt in the visitors’ wounds on 79 minutes but there was still time for both Andre Poko and Lamine Gassama to be given their marching orders for an altercation before Bordeaux’s Adam Ounas scored his first Ligue 1 goal at the death.

Caen 1, Saint-Etienne

Caen moved up to third in Ligue 1 as Andy Delort’s goal steered them to a 1-0 home win over St Etienne.

Delort converted at the back post from Vincent Bessat’s cross in the 62nd minute to hand the hosts a deserved lead. The former Wigan striker had already been to the fore as his side applied pressure in the first half, twice being denied by St Etienne goalkeeper Stephane Ruffier.

Delort then teed up a great opportunity that Ronny Rodelin squandered, before breaking the deadlock. Loic Perrin almost equalized soon after but Remy Vercoutre made a fine save, before Ruffier did well to keep out another Delort effort.