Match day 5 is in the books for the EPL, and while Manchester City sit on top of the league table, what about goals, assists, clean sheets, and fair play?
That three team race a few weeks back now seems a distant past. Manchester City sits alone at the top of the EPL, with Everton now the surprising second place team. Before we get to Cup action Tuesday and Wednesday, it is time for an update on EPL stats and rankings. Each week we will provide an update on who is leading in the major statistical categories, as well as where Manchester City players feature.
– Two players remain tied at the top now with 5 goals in 5 matches – Michail Antonio (West Ham), & Diego Costa (Chelsea). Third place is a three way tie on 4 goals between Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Manchester United), Etienne Capoue (Watford) and Romelu Lukaku (Everton).
– Idrissa Gueye tops the league in tackles with 31 after Everton won once again and moved into 2nd place. At this pace expect transfer rumors to pick up for the Senegal midfielder.
– If you never lose the ball you don’t need to tackle often. That is where Manchester City find themselves. Nicolas Otamendi remains as City’s highest player on this chart in 15th place.
– No clean sheets for last weeks leaders, increases this to a four way tie as Hugo Lloris (Tottenham) joins David De Gea (Manchester United), Ben Foster (West Brom) and Maarten Stekelenburg (Everton).
– Claudio Bravo got his first clean sheet and jumps into a long list tied at 5th.
Fair Play Table
– Hull City’s red card against Arsenal still didn’t remove them out of first place! Which just goes to show how well disicplined the side normally are. Everton and Leicester however are now tied with Hull with the fewest caution points (7).
– Manchester City now have 12 points in 12th with 9 yellow cards and the confirmed red card.