Suarez back in Liverpool training
Luis Suarez has been seen training with Liverpool’s first-team squad – suggesting that the Uruguay striker has patched up his differences with manager Brendan Rodgers after going public with his desire to leave the Premier League club.
Rodgers said last week that Suarez would need to apologize to his teammates and the club before he could return to training after complaining about the player’s attitude and pre-season performances.
Suarez has openly reiterated his desire to leave Liverpool in the media, insisting that the club are failing to adhere to a clause in his contract allowing him to leave for a Champions League club.
Arsenal have had a bid of £40,000,001 rejected by the club, a bid structured in order to trigger what the Gunners believed to be a release clause.
Liverpool, having turned down the bid, have continued to insist that Suarez is not for sale. Brendan Rodgers however has demanded that the Uruguay striker apologise before he be allowed to train with his teammates again.
Pictures Friday in British media showed Suarez taking part in warm-up routines and laughing and joking around with teammates at Liverpool’s Melwood training ground. The club hasn’t yet said whether the player has made an official apology. Suarez, who has been training on his own, is unavailable for the first six games of the new season because of suspension.
Sky Sports reporter Vinny O’Connor said: "Luis Suarez has apologised to (manager) Brandan Rodgers and apologized to his team mates over his general conduct. "He has started his re-integration into the Liverpool first-team and trained with them on Friday.
"Over a week ago, Brendan Rodgers said he would need an apology from Luis Suarez, as would the fans and his team mates, after the apparent attempt by the player to force a move away from Anfield. It appears that the apology has come.
"Good news, in many ways, for Liverpool football club. It looks like things are beginning to settle down and Luis Suarez is ready to fight for his first-team place."
FOXSoccer.com’s newswire services were used in this report.