Liverpool boss “feels good” about chances against Chelsea
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is a confident man
Liverpool and Chelsea meet tonight in what may be the Premier League’s biggest clash of the weekend. Some Liverpool fans might be a little anxious ahead of the contest, but Jurgen Klopp is full of confidence.
The German manager admits that his club need to keep a closer eye on Eden Hazard than they did last year, but ultimately he “feels good” about his club’s chances to take out the Blues. His optimism likely stems from his own club’s ability to attack their opponent.
There may be controversy about who should be Liverpool’s central striker, but there can be no debate on how effective Klopp’s attack has been this season. The combination of Sadio Mane, Roberto Firmino, Adam Lallana, Daniel Sturridge and Georginio Wijnaldum has simply been deadly.
Of course, taking on Antonio Conte’s Chelsea defense will be a stern challenge. The Blues will enter the match without injured centre back John Terry, but they expect David Luiz to start in his place. Chelsea’s defensive midfield pairing of N’Golo Kante and Nemanja Matic should be even more of a concern to Klopp.
- 9/16 – Liverpool boss “feels good” about chances against Chelsea
- 9/16 – Tottenham attacker unsure about his future with Spurs
- 9/16 – James Rodriguez hailed by Zinedine Zidane
- 9/16 – Liverpool: Roberto Firmino wants Jurgen Klopp to be a wizard
- 9/16 – Probable Chelsea and Liverpool first teams ahead of Stamford Bridge showdown
It’s that pairing that will be tasked with shutting down the Liverpool attack before it ever gets started. If any of Chelsea’s back four are left alone against Liverpool’s lightning attack, they’re in serious trouble. It’s on Kante and Matic to break up play before those dynamic attackers can get a run at their back line.
In the end, we’re likely to see quite a bit of offense from both sides tonight. Neither side is particularly well-suited to shut down the other. Expect fireworks tonight at Stamford Bridge.
More from Playing for 90
- Tottenham attacker unsure about his future with Spurs1 h ago
- James Rodriguez hailed by Zinedine Zidane2h ago
- Liverpool: Roberto Firmino wants Jurgen Klopp to be a wizard3h ago
- Probable Chelsea and Liverpool first teams ahead of Stamford Bridge showdown3h ago
- Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino must save Harry Kane from himself4h ago