Impressive Town end Lions run

Millwall’s 13-match unbeaten run came to an end as resurgent

Ipswich recorded a 3-0 win for their third successive Championship

victory thanks to a brace from DJ Campbell.

The Lions went into the encounter as the second tier’s form side

having won four of their last five, boasting four successive clean

sheets in the process.

And they should have taken the lead as they enjoyed the better

of the opening half-hour, Chris Wood heading a great chance over

while Town goalkeeper Stephen Henderson denied Andy Keogh, Liam

Trotter and James Henry.

Campbell punished the visitors as he then converted a flowing

move from close range for his seventh goal in 12 games since

joining on loan from QPR.

The striker turned provider five minutes after half-time as he

chased down Danny Shittu, gained possession and fed Daryl Murphy to

sweep home.

Campbell then bagged his second from the penalty spot after

Shane Lowry’s handball – Town’s fourth successive game in which

they have been awarded a spot-kick.

It is the first time Ipswich have recorded three successive wins

in 10 months while Mick McCarthy has now won five of his eight

games since taking charge.

The game’s first chance went to Town striker Murphy after seven

minutes but he could only head wide from Lee Martin’s cross.

Henderson made his first smart save from Keogh’s header before

Lions strike partner Wood wasted a golden opportunity, nodding

Henry’s free-kick over the bar from five yards.

Millwall’s profligacy was their undoing on that occasion but

they were denied twice by some superb goalkeeping by Henderson just

after the half-hour mark.

Trotter was kept out as Henderson parried his effort and from

the rebound Henry saw his shot tipped around a post.

Murphy fired over from 12 yards for Town before Ipswich opened

the scoring in the 37th minute courtesy of a well-worked move.

Martin released Aaron Cresswell down the left and he delivered a

great cross for Campbell to convert from close range.

It proved the final act of note in the first half but Town fans

did not have to wait long after the break for a second as Campbell

turned provider.

The striker chased down Millwall defender Shittu and, when he

gave away possession, Campbell squared for Murphy to convert from

six yards.

David Forde had to be alert to prevent a third as he tipped

Martin’s free-kick over the bar, before Campbell fired off target

when presented with a great chance from close range.

But the points were wrapped up in the 64th minute when Lowry was

penalised for handball, leaving Campbell to convert from the