Forest take points off Wolves

Adlene Guedioura marked his return to Molineux with the winning

goal as Nottingham Forest beat his old club Wolves 2-1.

Guedioura’s 57th-minute rocket from long range settled

Saturday’s Championship game in the visiting side’s favour after

Billy Sharp had cancelled out Bjorn Sigurdarson’s early opener to

send the teams into the break all-square.

Alan Hutton made his Forest debut. The Scottish full-back this

week joined the Reds on loan until January after dropping down the

pecking order at Aston Villa.

His selection ahead of Brendan Moloney was one of five changes

made by boss Sean O’Driscoll as Dan Harding, Henri Lansbury, Simon

Cox and Guedioura were all recalled.

Wolves had Christophe Berra available after the red card he

received in the 2-1 defeat at Watford last weekend was rescinded by

the Football Association following an appeal by Wanderers.

Elsewhere, Kevin Foley replaced Richard Stearman in defence.

Wolves went fortuitously ahead after five minutes. Jermaine

Pennant’s attempted pass to Kevin Doyle deflected off a Forest

defender and into the path of Sigurdarson who finished emphatically

from just inside the box.

There were chances at both ends before Sharp’s equaliser, with

Doyle having a shot blocked by Ward and Sharp’s goalbound volley

ricocheting around a crowded penalty area.

Forest were back on level terms after 16 minutes. Sharp

brilliantly brought down Lansbury’s long, diagonal pass and the

striker kept his composure to slide a shot beneath Carl Ikeme with

his next touch.

The first half continued to be an open affair with Cox shooting

agonisingly wide before Bakary Sako sent a shot over the crossbar

at the other end and Danny Collins blocked superbly to deny David

Edwards after Sako’s cross had been palmed away by Lee Camp.

Camp prevented Wolves from going into half-time in front with a

terrific save from point-blank range to thwart Sigurdarson.

Wolves started the second half sluggishly and never improved.

Cox shot straight at Ikeme before Guedioura’s 25-yard thunderbolt

saw the visitors take the lead.

The Algeria international, who enjoyed three seasons in the

Premier League with Wolves, did not celebrate against his former

club and his strike was even applauded by some sections of the home


Cox was carried off on a stretcher after 65 minutes following a

coming together with Foley. It looked like a serious injury and it

could be a cause for concern for O’Driscoll.

Substitute Sylvan Ebanks-Blake headed straight at Camp late on

but Stale Solbakken’s side never really looked like salvaging

anything from the game and are now without a league win in eight

matches, losing five.