Queens Park Rangers boss Harry Redknapp says the club’s senior players are firmly behind his decision to drop Jose Bosingwa.
Article continues below ...
The Portuguese full-back infuriated Redknapp after it transpired that he refused to take his place on the substitutes’ bench for their game at home to Fulham earlier this month and he was subsequently left out of the match at Newcastle.
Redknapp says that the squad is firmly behind the stance he has taken with Bosingwa.
"The good lads have not got a problem with it," he said.
"The good lads would be sick. The Ryan Nelsens and Clint Hills and all them good lads all thought it was a disgrace.
"That’s the first time it’s ever happened to me as a manager and I’ve managed some pretty temperamental players. I’ve never known anyone to do that. It was something new to me and not something I like."
Bosingwa has again been left out of QPR‘s squad for their game with West Brom on Boxing Day and Redknapp admits it will be tough for him to get back in.
"His future here depends on his attitude really. We’ll have to wait and see what happens," he added.
"When you are down you need help. When you are playing Fulham at home you need help. We were desperate as we hadn’t won a game all year.
"You need everybody to be with you and say ‘Okay let’s get on with it’, not ‘I’m not happy to sit on the bench, let’s talk about it on Monday’. You don’t go home, do you?
"The fans pay their money and deserve to know the truth. They don’t expect one of their players not to want to sit on the bench."