Egyptian football official: No 3rd party in riots

The president of the Egyptian Professional Footballers’

Association says ”no third party” was behind the rioting by fans

at a match last month that killed 74 people and injured hundreds of

others in the Mediterranean city of Port Said.

Seaking at a sports and security conference in Doha, Magdy Abdel

Ghani says he is familiar with the investigation into the riots

that has led to 75 people being charged on Thursday.

Ghany blames lax security, social networking and a long-standing

hatred between Al-Masry and Al-Ahly for the Feb. 1 tragedy.

The league was suspended this month for the rest of the season.

Ghany, a former international, says a friendly tournament held in

an empty stadium will take place soon.