City waiting for Tevez contact

Tevez failed to report for training on Wednesday having flown home

on Monday. City have now given the 27-year-old until Monday to

report back but as yet have not heard from the player. A club

spokesperson said: “We have asked Carlos to get in touch today but

have not yet heard from him.” Representatives for Tevez had no

comment to make on the matter today. The latest Tevez controversy

comes after it emerged on Tuesday that he would not be appealing

against a club fine of two weeks’ wages – believed to be around

£400,000 – for five breaches of contract. City found Tevez

guilty of misconduct after concluding that he refused to play in

the Champions League defeat at Bayern Munich on September 27.

Tuesday had been a scheduled day off for Tevez but, as he had not

been selected for international duty, was then expected at training

on Wednesday. A spokesman for Tevez said at the time that the

player had made several unsuccessful attempts to contact City boss

Roberto Mancini about his journey home before embarking upon it.

The spokesman said: “He was told it was Roberto Mancini’s decision

as to whether or not he could go and he left numerous voice

messages and texts on Mancini’s phone. “He didn’t receive a

response at all. He then flew to Argentina and tried to speak to

Mancini again on Tuesday, leaving messages and texts. We’ve had no

response.” Tevez could face further disciplinary action from the

club over this latest incident. The striker has been frozen out of

the first-team picture since the infamous game at the Allianz

Arena. He was suspended for two weeks while an investigation was

conducted and was then asked to train alone, and later with the

youth team, after returning.