Brazil international Kaka set to stay with AC Milan next season
AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has confirmed that playmaker Kaka is set to remain at the club next season.
The Brazil international is under contract with Milan until June 2015 but has a clause which gives him an option to terminate the agreement this summer after the Rossoneri’s failure to qualify for European competition.
"Kaka wil stay here," Galliani said to Milan’s official website. "There is a 99 per cent chance that he will remain with us."
Kaka had been strongly linked with a move to Major League Soccer in recent months having only returned to the San Siro on a free transfer last summer after four years at Real Madrid.
The 32-year-old, who won a Serie A title and the Champions League in his first spell at Milan, scored seven goals in 30 league appearances for the Rossoneri this season.
Galliani also revealed that he will begin talks with Spanish side Valencia this week in order to sign French defender Adil Rami on a permanent basis.
Rami joined Milan on a six-month loan deal in January and scored three goals in 18 league appearances.
"I have spoken to Rami and I have told him that we have informed Valencia that we are interested in signing him," Galliani said. "We will meet Valencia executives in Lisbon on Friday in view of the Champions League final and we will start negotiations.
"He wants to stay and we hope things go well."
The Rossoneri are also keen to keep Moroccan forward Adel Taarabt.
Taarabt joined on loan from QPR in January and the Italian giants have an option to buy the player this month.
"We have until May 31 to decide on Taarabt," Galliani said.
Taarabt has scored four goals in 14 league appearances for Milan.