BIG NOON KICKOFF Posts +22% Year-Over-Year Increase
College Football on FOX Up +12% vs. Last Season
NEW YORK – College Football on FOX had its most-watched regular season ever, bringing in an average audience of 3,729,000, a +12% increase over a season ago. Leading into the network’s biggest game of the weekend, its BIG NOON KICKOFF pregame show averaged 1,205,000 viewers per episode, a +22% jump over FOX’s college football pregame show in 2018.
FOX’s BIG NOON SATURDAY matchups averaged 5,103,000 viewers each week, led by a regular-season high of 12,501,000 tuning in for Ohio State’s victory over Michigan in Week 14. FOX Sports’ coverage of the rivalry began with a special edition of BIG NOON KICKOFF live from Ann Arbor, which drew an all-time best 2,799,000 viewers from 11:00 AM until kickoff, leading into the second most-watched game on any network during the regular season.
Additional notes on FOX Sports’ regular season college football viewership are below:
- BIG NOON SATURDAY games averaged a 3.2 household rating
- Second highest-rated college football package across networks
- BIG NOON KICKOFF viewership grew by +233% from Week 1 to Week 14
- Games on FOX and FS1 accounted for 25% of nation’s college football consumption
- Two of country’s four most-watched regular-season games televised on FOX
- No. 2 – Ohio State at Michigan (12,501,000)
- No. 4 – Penn State at Ohio State (9,495,000)
- Beginning each Saturday with BIG NOON KICKOFF, FOX televised the most-watched college football game at Noon ET nine of 14 weeks
- Most-watched game in 12 overall regular-season Saturday windows, +71% increase over last season