Reds 2014 Cactus League schedule
CINCINNATI — The Cincinnati Reds have announced their 2014 Cactus League exhibition schedule.
The Reds open the 2014 spring training season with three games against Ohio rival Cleveland Indians on Feb. 26-28 at Goodyear Ballpark in Goodyear, Arizona.
The Reds will play 33 exhibition games during the spring training season, including 17 at Goodyear Ballpark, and will host Cactus League opponents Chicago Cubs, Los Angeles Dodgers, San Francisco Giants, Oakland A’s, Arizona Diamondbacks and more.
The Reds will close out the Arizona portion of their 2014 exhibition schedule on March 27 against the Diamondbacks at Goodyear Ballpark.
The Reds then travel to Pensacola, FL for an exhibition game on March 28 against their AA affiliate Blue Wahoos, followed by a trip to Louisville, KY for an exhibition game against their AAA affiliate Bats on March 29.
The Reds return to Cincinnati for Opening Day on March 31 to host the St. Louis Cardinals at Great American Ball Park.
The full exhibition schedule can be found at reds.com/spring.
Spring Training Ticket Information
Deposits are currently being accepted for 2014 Spring Training season ticket plans. Full season (all Reds and Indians home games) and half season (all Reds home games) ticket plans are available.
Three game mini-plans and group tickets go on sale Dec. 9 at 10 a.m. Mountain Standard Time (MST).
With mini-plans, fans are able to combine Reds and Indians home games to make up the perfect spring training getaway.
Individual game tickets go on sale Dec. 14 at 10 a.m. MST.
Complete ticket details can be found at reds.com/spring or by calling Goodyear Ballpark Ticket Office at (623) 882-3130.
Fun Facts about Goodyear, Goodyear Ballpark and the Phoenix Area
• Goodyear is just 20 minutes west of Phoenix
• The Phoenix New Times “Best of Phoenix 2012” named Goodyear Ballpark best place to see a Spring Training game
• There are 15 teams in the Cactus League and all play in ballparks around the Greater Phoenix area
• Fans have free access to watch the Reds players during morning workouts at the state-of-the-art Reds Player Development Complex next door to Goodyear Ballpark
• Average March temperature: Goodyear – 70 degrees, Cincinnati – 44 degrees
• There are over 60 golf courses and 30 day spas within 20 miles of Goodyear Ballpark
• Desert mountain trails and parks offer hiking, biking, running and horseback riding opportunities, as well as jeep tours
• The Grand Canyon, one of the “Seven Natural Wonders of the World”, and picturesque Sedona are just a day trip away
Note: Arizona’s time zone is the Mountain Standard Time (MST) zone, which is currently two hours behind Cincinnati. Arizona does not observe Daylight Saving Time (March through November), and after March 8, 2014 Arizona will be three hours behind Cincinnati.