2012 Opener: Miami makes its first trip to Ohio Stadium since 2005 Saturday when it opens the 2012 season at No. 18 Ohio State. Kickoff is set for 12 noon with the Big Ten Network televising the action.
On the Air: In its seventh year of its partnership with IMG College, the Miami Sports Network continues its coverage of Miami Football with a group of affiliates blanketing most of Southwest Ohio and Southeast Indiana. “The Voice of the RedHawks” Steve Baker will deliver the play-by-play coverage, while Tim Bray will provide color commentary. Terry Bridge will be the network’s sideline reporter. Tune-in to one of Miami’s game-day affiliates:
WMOH-AM 1450 (Hamilton, OH)
WFMG-FM 101.3 (Richmond, IN)
WDBZ-AM 1230 (Cincinnati, OH)
WONE-AM 980 (Dayton, OH)
Beyond southwestern Ohio, Miami’s audio broadcast also is available through Miami All-Access at www.MURedHawks.com.
IMG’s pregame show on Saturday, Sept. 1, begins at 11 a.m. ET.
Miami’s game at Ohio State will be televised by the Big Ten Network. Eric Collins (play-by-play), Derek Rackley (analyst) and Lisa Byington (sideline reporter) will serve as the talent.
• The Miami-Ohio State game will be nationally televised by the Big Ten Network (DirecTV, Ch. 610) and Dish Network, Ch. 439).
• Miami’s Don Treadwell begins his second season as head coach of the RedHawks
• As the 2012 season begins, Miami’s Zac Dysert ranks third behind only Oklahoma’s Landry Jones and Southern California’s Matt Barkley in career passing yardage among active college quarterbacks (8,530 yards).
• Miami’s Nick Harwell was college football’s second-leading receiver in 2011 with 129.6 yards per game.
• 2012 marks Miami’s 124th football season.
• Miami plays Ohio State for the first time since 2005 and for only the fifth time in history.
• A college team from the state of Ohio hasn’t beaten Ohio State since Oberlin College topped the Buckeyes, 7-6, on Oct. 8, 1921. Ironically, Miami head coach Don Treadwell’s hometown is Oberlin.
• Miami plays the Buckeyes in Urban Meyer’s Ohio State debut.