In case you missed it, here were the top sports stories from
FOX Sports Florida from Friday, Oct.
Article continues below ...
* Entering his 11th season, Miami forward Udonis Haslem is taking it upon himself to spend more time studying film in an effort to better adjust into the Heat’s goal of grabbing a third consecutive championship. Read More
* Guard Victor Oladipo, the second overall pick in this year’s draft, got through his first preseason in one piece, leaving the Magic eager to see what the rookie will do once the real games start. Read More
* The Florida Panthers got on the board first, but they were unable to hold on to an early lead in falling to the struggling Sabres in Sunrise despite pouring 44 shots on goal. Read More
* Stars LeBron James and Chris Bosh were on the bench as the Heat ended their exhibition schedule with a loss to the visiting Nets. Read More
* Manny Harris led Orlando with 12 points off the bench as the Magic finished off their preseason with a loss at home to the Pelicans.Read More
* After missing two weeks because of a death in the family, veteran forward Rashard Lewis returned to the Heat to play in their preseason finale against the Nets on Friday night. Read More
* Bolts Bits: An increased attention to defense has paid off for the Lightning through the first month of the season, as they sit among the better teams in the NHL. Read More
* Quarterback Ryan Tannehill, who has been nursing a sore shoulder, is listed as probably for the Dolphins for Sunday’s divisional showdown with the Patriots. Read More
* The Central Florida Dreamplex, a proposed 100,000-square-foot complex in south Lake County, is the vision of Amy Gomes. Gomes’ envisions an athletics complex where people of all ages with disabilities as well as the general public can go. Read More
* Jacksonville wide receiver Justin Blackmon, who is listed as probable for Sunday’s game against the 49ers in London’s Wembley Stadium, skips practice for precautionary reasons. Blackmon is nursing a hamstring/groin issue. Read More
* Miami continues to face NFL’s elite quarterbacks, and it continues this Sunday when the Dolphins travel to New England to play Tom Brady. The Patriots’ offense has struggled, but they still lead the AFC East. Read More
* The Miami Hurricanes will play their first game since hearing their NCAA ruling when they face Wake Forest on Saturday. In-state rival Florida State and a possible top-10 matchup waits in the wings. Could this be a trap game? Read More
* NC State has given Florida State trouble over the years. As Jameis Winston keeps pace with FSU record-setting numbers, the Seminoles look to remain unbeaten. Read More