In case you missed it: May 6
In case you missed it, here were the top stories on FOX Sports Florida from Monday, May 6.
* The Heat rolled the final months of the season and breezed through their series against the Bucks, so perhaps a loss to the Bulls in Game 1 is just what they need to get their edge back. Read More
Article continues below ...
* Bulls guard Nate Robinson was bloodied in the first half and returned to deal some blows of his own in leading Chicago to a Game 1 victory against the Heat in Miami. Read More
* Heat Check: The Heat were dealt a stunning blow when they fell in the opening game of their second round series against the Bulls. Read More
* The Marlins couldn’t carry over their offensive explosion from their earlier series, getting shut out in a 5-0 loss to the Padres in San Diego. Read More
* The Rays built up a 7-0 lead against the Blue Jays, but Toronto battled back and won after J.P. Arencibia drilled a two-run home run in the top of the ninth against Tampa Bay closer Fernando Rodney. Read More
* Vinny Testaverde, the 1986 Heisman recipient with the Miami Hurricanes, is among 14 former players and coaches who will be inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in December, it was announced Monday. Read More
* Five-star linebacker Matthew Thomas wants to be released from Florida State, stating it’s nothing personal, but he didn’t make the right decision. Read More
* Shortly after Tim Tebow was given his release by the New York Jets a week ago, the Jacksonville native and Heisman Trophy winner at Florida became the subject of a petition on the White House’s “We The People” submission system. Read More
* New University of Florida wide receivers coach/recruiting coordinator Joker Phillips has taken recruiting creativity to a new level, and he’s amassed more than 30,000 Twitter followers. Read More
* The Jags waive Greg Jones and Richard Murphy to make room for two rookies who made big impressions during a three-day mini camp. Read More
* Florida’s De Von Walker is transferring after just one year with the Gators. Read More
* The ACC has set up it’s bowl schedule for the 2013 season. Read More
* Andrew Astleford looks back at an odd first month of the season for the Tampa Bay Rays. Read More