In case you missed it: May 17
In case you missed it, here were the top stories on FOX Sports Florida from Friday, May 17.
* Last month, Nicole Muxo released a YouTube video in hopes of luring Miami Heat superstar Dwyane Wade to her senior prom at Archbishop Coleman Carroll High School in Miami, Fla. Well, guess who showed up at prom on Friday night. Read More
Article continues below ...
* Kelly Johnson hit a three-run homer and an RBI single, and the Tampa Bay Rays held on for a 12-10 victory over the slumping Baltimore Orioles on Friday night. Baltimore’s Chris Dickerson hit a three-run homer in the team’s six-run eighth inning, but the Orioles’ rally stalled from there. Read More
* Marlins starter Kevin Slowey (1-4) allowed six runs and seven hits in three innings for the Miami Marlins in a 9-2 loss to the Arizona Diamondbacks on Friday night. Miami matched its season-high losing streak at six and at 11-31 shares the worst record in baseball with the Houston Astros. Read More
* The Miami Heat actually have lost a game this postseason. They’ve even trailed in the fourth quarter of two other games. But even though Miami has the best record of any team in the postseason, they believe they’re not playing nearly as well as possible. Read More
* Some have slumped, while others have simmered. Here’s Andrew Astleford’s weekly review of who’s running hot and cold around the majors. Read More
* Arron Afflalo is not about to describe what he is going through as a mid-career identity crisis. But after six years in the NBA and the first in which he was on a team that failed to make the playoffs, the Orlando Magic guard is feeling the need to start making a name for himself. Read More
* Victor Oladipo mentions the late nights at the gym, the wear and tear on his key card, and he’s quick to point out he’s just a tad unusual, too. The Indiana product is also just a few weeks away from realizing a dream. Read More
* Ten years after coming to Florida as the nation’s No. 1 quarterback recruit, former Florida Gators quarterback Chris Leak returned this week as a quality control assistant to help the defensive staff prepare for opponents in a non-coaching role. Read More
* The Tampa Bay Rays hit the road to Baltimore following a 4-3 loss to the Boston Red Sox on Thursday night dressed to impress … in the woods. Read More