In case you missed it here were the top featured stories on FOX Sports Florida from Friday, March 22.
* Unlike some others, the Gators didn’t stumble in their first dance of the NCAA tournament. Read More
Article continues below ...
* Take a closer look at Florida Gulf Coast University, which became the Cinderella du jour with its stunning upset of Georgetown on Friday. Read More
* Ricky Nolasco turned in a strong outing in one of his final tuneups before Opening Day, but the Marlins fell to the Mets. Read More
* The Florida Gators, plagued by a recent bout of coming short in close games, blasted Northwestern State (the nation’s top scoring team) in the second of the NCAA tournament. Read More
* LeBron James scores 29 and Dwyane Wade added 19 as the Heat cruised to a 103-89 victory against the visiting Pistons, extending their win streak to 25 games. Read More
* The Magic held their own against the Thunder for most of the game but were unable to top visiting Oklahoma City. Read More
* Sherwood Brown scored 24 points as Florida Gulf Coast shocked the world with its upset of Georgetown in the second round of the NCAA tournament. Read More
* Jeff Niemann isn’t concerned about his rough outing in the Rays’ split squad loss to the Orioles. Read More
* Ben Zobrist hits a home run, but it wasn’t enough for a Rays split squad in a 6-4 loss to the Pirates. Read More
* Durand Scott had 21 points and Miami had a triumphant return to the NCAA tournament with a 78-49 victory over Pacific on Friday. Read More
* One way FIU will draw attention in Richard Pitino’s second season is with a unique court design featuring a beach motif that the school revealed this week. Read More
* On Thursday, the fan who ran onto the court during Wednesday’s Heat-Cavs game, James Blair, tweeted: “@KingJames appreciate you showing love when I came on the floor last night follow back homie!!!#TeamLeBron”. And James responded. Read More
* Major League Baseball on Friday sued a now-shuttered South Florida clinic and its operators, accusing them of scheming to provide banned performance-enhancing drugs to players in violation of their contracts. Read More