In case you missed it: July 6
In case you missed it, here were the top stories on FOX Sports Florida from Saturday, July 6.
* Ben Zobrist says he had no idea he had a chance to be an All-Star, but after the news sunk in, he was honored by AL manager Jim Leyland’s decisions to include him. Read More
Article continues below ...
* Jose Fernandez’s rookie season continues to get better, as he was named the Marlins representative for the All-Star Game, becoming the franchise’s youngest All-Star ever. Read More
* Jimmie Johnson became the first NASCAR driver to sweep the Daytona races since 1982 with his victory in the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway. Read More
* Matt Moore shut down the White Sox en route to winning his fourth consecutive start on Saturday at Tropicana Field. Read More
* The Rays embraced a retro look from before they existed with their uniforms for Saturday’s game against the White Sox. Read More
* Rick Hendrick says he thinks NASCAR needs to be more consistent when it comes to implementing its policy on restarts. Read More
* The Marlins traded all-time franchise wins leader Ricky Nolasco to the Dodgers for three minor-league pitchers. Read More
* Former Magic head coach Stan Van Gundy says he thinks the Magic are the clear winners at the moment of the Dwight Howard trade last offseason. Read More
* NASCAR driver AJ Allmendinger says he feels at peace and in a better place one year after his suspension for failed drug test. Read More
* Mike Dunn allowed a two-run home run in the seventh, and Giancarlo Stanton made a throwing error in the bottom of the ninth as the Marlins fell to the Cardinals. Read More
* The Heat will focus their attention on James Ennis and Myck Kabongo during play this summer to see if either have a place with the team. Read More