In case you missed it, here were the top stories featured on FOX Sports Florida from Thursday, Feb. 28.
* Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy each shot even-par 70 on Thursday in the opening round of the Honda Classic at PGA National Resort & Spa. The world’s top two players, both local residents who played 36 practice holes together on Sunday, were competing for the first time since they were eliminated in the first round of the Match Play Championship last week in Arizona. Read More
Article continues below ...
* After 20 years and nine teams, Jamey Wright has never tasted the playoffs. He’s hoping to get that chance with the Rays. Read More
* Brian Campbell, Marcel Goc and Drew Shore scored for the Panthers. Jose Theodore, who replaced Scott Clemmensen in goal with 3:14 left in the first period, stopped all 12 shots he faced. But Florida lost to the Buffalo Sabres 4-3 in a shootout Thursday night. Read More
* Marthieu Garon made 38 saves, and Martin St. Louis scored Tampa Bay’s lone goal in a 4-1 loss to the New York Rangers on Thursday night. Steven Stamkos had an assist to stretch his points streak to eight, but Tampa Bay fell out of a tie with Carolina for the Southeast Division lead. Read More
* Perhaps no team — in any league — is enjoying themselves and having as much fun as the Miami Heat. So you had to know they couldn’t sit idly by without getting in on the “Harlem Shake” phenomenon. Read More
* Each will slip on their country’s colors, enjoy the sensation that comes with the experience and live it as a memory to be saved forever. Three Tampa Bay Rays players will participate in the World Baseball Classic, to be held March 2-19, and all are proud in the final days before leaving for the once-every-four-years event. Read More
* Florida coach Billy Donovan is cautiously optimistic about his team’s health. Forward Will Yeguete and guard Michael Frazier II were cleared to practice and play Thursday, giving Donovan a full complement of players heading into Saturday’s game against Alabama. Read More
* Is this the best stretch in the big three era for the Heat? Miami is three wins away from breaking the franchise record for consecutive victories. Read More
* The Heat are looking at Lou Amundson who was recently waived by the Timberwolves, could they add him to the roster? Nothing is certain. Read More
* Brian Billick, Charles Davis and Laura Okmin look at the Bucs’ offseason needs. Watch Now
* Brian Billick, Charles Davis and Laura Okmin take a look at what the Jaguars need during the offseason. Watch Now
* Brian Billick, Charles Davis and Laura Okmin look at the Dolphins’ offseason needs. Watch Now