In case you missed it, here are the top stories featured on FOX Sports Florida from Friday, Feb. 15.
* Rays prospect Wil Myers, acquired from the Royals in the trade that sent James Shields away, offered an intriguing first look with the Rays. Read More
Article continues below ...
* It took about 10 minutes to wreck several cars at Daytona International Speedway on Friday. Matt Kenseth triggered a five-car accident in the opening practice for the Sprint Unlimited, the non-points race that kicks off the season. Read More
* David Price isn’t the only member of his family to be a big hit in Tampa Bay. His dog, Astro, seems to have as many fans as the Cy Young Award-winning pitcher does. Read More
* As one of the few drivers in the Sprint Cup garage to have raced in America’s two biggest races – the Indianapolis 500 and the Daytona 500 – and not won either, Tony Stewart understands how cruel both contests can be. Read More
* Casey Kotchman signs a minor-league contract with the Marlins, he is expected to join their major-league camp Saturday. Read More
* As the Florida Panthers try to make some headway in climbing out of the bottom of the standings, young players such as Jonathan Huberdeau and Drew Shore are leading the way with their positive energy and on-ice contributions. Read More
* FOX Sports Florida to premiere “Marlins Hot Stove” this upcoming baseball season. Marlins television broadcasters host a roundtable discussion with Marlins General Manager Michael Hill to discuss the team’s off-season moves. Read More
* Giancarlo Stanton faced the media on Friday for the first time since the Miami Marlins’ controversial November trade of several prominent players. He says he’s ready to move forward. Read More
* Former Knicks and Hawks star Richie Guerin had always gotten a call when he came up short for the basketball Hall of Fame. But when he was finally selected, he didn’t know about it until a reporter called him to ask about it. Read More
* Tim Hardaway is among 12 of the finalists for the Basketball Hall of Fame. Read More
* Chris Bosh will start in Sunday’s All-Star Game, joining Heat teammates LeBron James and Dwyane Wade in becoming the first team since the 1990 Lakers to have three starters. Read More
* Former Hall of Famer Rick discusses his past with the ‘Canes, his disappointment and now recent happiness with the program. Read More
* FOX Sports Florida announces the 2013 Miami Marlins broadcast schedule along with pregame shows and more. Read More