In case you missed it, here were the top sports stories on FOX Sports Florida from Saturday, August 24.
* Marlins rookie Jose Fernandez will reach his innings limit soon, but him being shut down isn’t taking away from the electrifying presence he has had for the team in becoming the top rookie pitcher in baseball. Read More
* Jose Fernandez was impressive yet again in seven shutout innings as the Marlins shut down the Rockies in the middle game of their series in Miami. Read More
Article continues below ...
* Legends of Wrestling night at Marlins Park started off with Goldberg spearing a Rockies fan and continued on through the Marlins’ 3-0 victory against Colorado. Read More
* David Price outpitched CC Sabathia as the Rays were able to overcome an early deficit to take the second game against the Yankees and hold onto first place. Read More
* The turnovers were bad, that’s for sure, but despite that and the loss to the Buccaneers, the Dolphins were able to rack up the yardage and see quarterback Ryan Tannehill become even more comfortable with new receivers Brandon Gibson and Mike Wallace. Read More
* Despite the victory against the Dolphins, the bright spots were few and far between for the Buccaneers, who struggled again on offense in a generally lackluster performance in Miami Gardens. Read More
* The Buccaneers rallied for a late touchdown as they were able to edge the Dolphins in Miami Gardens for their first preseason victory. Read More
* In the Jaguars’ loss to the Eagles on Saturday night, Chad Henne showed he isn’t a threat to Blaine Gabbert’s job. Read More
* The Jaguars were up early, but they couldn’t hold off the visiting Eagles as they fell to 0-3 in the preseason. Read More
* After his simulated game Saturday, Rays lefty Matt Moore was bullish on his return, but the team expects to monitor how his arm feels before laying out any further timetable to get the All-Star back on the mound. Read More
* While he was at Indiana, Victor Oladipo had to weather the school’s tough journey back to success, so he feels like he is the perfect player for the Magic as they rebuild. Read More
* New Florida State athletic director Stan Wilcox has signed a five-year contract through August 2018. Read More