Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Sunday. A full Sports Digest will be sent at about 3 p.m. All times EDT.
– NEW YORK – Michael Sam might have landed in the best spot – a Rams team close to his Missouri campus with former college teammates and a fan base that generally supports him.
– LOS ANGELES – Blake Griffin and the Los Angeles Clippers try to even things up at home against Kevin Durant and the Thunder. Oklahoma City has won two straight to lead 2-1. Game starts 3:30 p.m.
Article continues below ...
– WASHINGTON – The Indiana Pacers, using strong defense and starting to play like their old selves, lead the Washington Wizards 2-1 entering Game 4 of their second-round series. Game starts 8 p.m.
– Stories on Monday’s two NBA playoff games: Miami (up-2-1) at Brooklyn and San Antonio (up 3-0) at Portland.
– NEW YORK – The Rangers try to avoid elimination for the second straight game when they host the Penguins in Game 6. New York stayed alive in the second round with a 5-1 win at Pittsburgh. Game starts 7 p.m.
– CHICAGO – The Wild try to sustain their momentum when they take on the Blackhawks in Game 5 of a second-round series that’s 2-2. Minnesota has won two straight. Game starts 9 p.m.
– Stories on Monday’s two NHL playoff games: Boston (up 3-2) at Montreal and Los Angeles at Anaheim (series 2-2).
– PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. – Jordan Spieth and Martin Kaymer share the lead going into the final round at The Players Championship. The 20-year-old Spieth is trying to become the youngest winner.
– MANCHESTER, England – Manchester City wins the Premier League for the second time in three seasons with a 2-0 victory over West Ham on goals by Samir Nasri and Vincent Kompany.
– MADRID – Rafael Nadal goes for a second straight Madrid Open title when he faces Japan’s Kei Nishikori. Maria Sharapova plays for the women’s championship against Romania’s Simona Halep.
– INDIANAPOLIS – One day after he was hit in the head with debris from a crash and was left with a concussion, James Hinchliffe isn’t sure he’ll be on track for the first Indianapolis 500 practice.
– KANSAS CITY, Kan. – Danica Patrick is the big surprise at Kansas Speedway with her seventh-place finish, the best of her Cup career.
– MONTMELO, Spain – Lewis Hamilton wins the Spanish Grand Prix and is followed by Mercedes teammate Nico Rosberg, the fourth straight race in which they have finished 1-2.